2014 Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar & The California Tax Policy Conference
The Premier California Tax Education Event
Thursday-Saturday, November 6-8, 2014
Loews Coronado │Coronado, CA (San Diego area)
Earn up 16.25 hours MCLE legal specialization and CPE credit.
The 2014 Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar & the California Tax Policy Conference provides a unique set of opportunities for industry members, private practitioners and government representatives to take advantage of a quality educational forum for exploring significant California and nationwide state tax developments and emerging policy issues, along with a multitude of venues to meet and network with California’s top tax administrators. This year we are providing 39 educational sessions, including full multiple-day tracks covering Estate and Gift Tax, Tax Procedure and Litigation, and State and Local Tax. Following is a preliminary list of courses. CTPC courses are shown in red.
- Estate & Gift Tax Update
- Why Every Estate Planner Must Understand Fiduciary Income Tax
- Estate Planning for Retirement Benefits
- Advanced Topics in Estate Planning
- Estate Planning Paralysis: Getting Your Clients to Act
- Global Tax Planning for Multi-National Families: Coming and Going!
- Fixing a Trust
- California Residents Using Foreign Jurisdictions in Estate Planning--Risks and Rewards
- Venn Diagrams: The Intersection of Estate and Income Tax
- Life Insurance is Still Part of the Plan
- Tax Director Forum: What's Keeping Them Up At Night? (336(e) Regs and Beyond)
- Criminal Tax - Overview and Introduction
- A Discussion Toward Better Tax Credits and Incentives Effectiveness
- Statute of Limitation Issues - 6501(c)(8) and Beyond; and Tax Doctrines including Claim of Right, Tax Benefit Rule and Mitigation (TPL & YTL)
- Is it Possible to Plan Around the 3.8% Surtax? (Combine with The New Net Investment Income - the Impact on real estate professionals.)
- Privacy and Tax Administration – Policy Considerations in the Twilight e-Zone
- TPL Hot Topics
- Business Purpose and Economic Substance Tax Avoidance Transactions: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- So Long Stateless Income: The G20 Coordinated Action Plan and IRS Enforcement
- Can You Really Buy a Hotel Without A Property Reassessment?
- Tax Court Litigation Boot Camp - Part 1 and Part 2: My Tax Court case is calendared. Now what do I do?
- Summons EnforcementChoice of Venue: Tax Court, District Court, Court of Federal Claims or Bankruptcy Court
- Federal Procedural Roundtable
- Surfing 2014 SALT Controversies Across the USA
- The Highlights and Hazards of Expanding the Sales Tax Base
- Tax Attributes: To Share or Not to Share from a Unitary Theory Perspective
- SA_T - May I Have an 'L'? Don't Forget Those Local Taxes
- The Income Tax Hazards to Employers and Executives of 24/7 Multitasking When Traveling to California for Mixed Purposes
- Don't Escheat on Me! Unclaimed Property Exposé
- California Budget and Legislation: 2014 in Review
- The Art of Compromise: Dispute Resolution Alternatives at FTB and BOE
- We’re Here to Help! Legislation, Policy and Review: The Guide to California Tax Agency Legislative Analysis, Rulemaking and Administrative Guidance
- Uniform or Unique? An Update on the Uniformity Efforts by the Multistate Tax Commission and the States
- Seeking Apportionment for a Fair Reflection of Business Activity? Which is the Fairest of Them All?
- Finding Yourself in California: California Nexus Standards for “Doing Business”
- A View From the Chiefs: FTB and BOE Chief Counsel Roundtable
Check back in July for final program details and registration. For further information contact Carol Zlongst at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-538-2585.